Sunday, April 13, 2014

Another One

The History Girls have come up with another remarkable figure in history, Levina Teerlinc.  I think an awful lot of us have heard of Holbein, but even having been a Tudor nerd since puberty, I had NEVER heard of this woman, who served no fewer than four Tudor monarchs as a court painter.  Remarkable; as was her very career.  My thanks once again to The HGs.

Even more intriguing is the in-depth comment left by someone who has studied Teerlinc and has some observations of her own.

2 comments:

Scheherazade said...

I recall that name from a series of middle grade mysteries set in Queen Elizabeth's court, but I don't recall much else about the character... Ah, yes, the Lady Grace mystery series. One of the mysteries involved paint and portraits.

DLM said...

I'm trying so hard not to be distracted from some revisions right now, but she truly sounds like a fascinating personage.