Friday, May 21, 2010

Yeah, Still Bored

I submitted two applications yesterday, and recieved one decline today (on an older submission). Did the job slog ages ago, nothing new today. Paid two bills, extrapolated the checkbook, filled out COBRA forms, spoke with one seriously truculent little person named Heather at the Benefits Administrators' "help" line (... right.), and just updated my email at E-Trade.

Still bored out of my mind.

I find that I am in the house far too much, but the simple fact is, leaving the house generally involves spending money. If nothing else, gas. I just don't feel like it's necessarily a great idea to be throwing bucks around right now, given the uncertainty. Shoot, even with a job, it wouldn't be so wise. One never does know. Obviously.

So here I sit, and the last thing on my desk before me is the Writer's Market.

I just ... right now ... no. I've taken a break for this week, and of course there's still no printer and all the hoo-hah. Just no on more research, more electronic legwork, more "what ifs". My head is killing me.

I should get away from the computer.

I should be WORKING, is what I should.



Come on, company-I-wanna-work-for ... It's been a week, I know the review process can't go but so quickly. But put me on your short list, and call me SOON.

I am bored out of my diminishing mind.

No comments: