Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Plot Thickens

The interview I had with the company I'm so eager to work for was a little less than three years ago, in August of 2007. At the time, I saw the VP of Communications, and it actually went very well, but I have reason to know that the position went to a referral. So it goes; I found another gig, but did remember this firm with very real interest.

When the time came to (as TEO so aptly puts it) give myself permission to leave the last employer, the first place I wanted to look was at this firm. I've gotten some interest off them since, as has been discussed. That alone, when there are 200 resumes flying in for every opening in town, is nothing to be ashamed of. Even when the interest doesn't turn into a proper phone interview I can ace, but is a strange and offhand conversation kept exceedingly brief. Nobody said I couldn't have another chance.

Anyway. The position I saw yesterday ...

... was in Communications.

Hmm!

So I created a very special cover letter, noting not only that previous interest, but also the more recent nibble, and reiterated my personal desire to come work for them. And then I went online and found a way to re-establish communication with one of my old friends from my last *executive* level position, whose email I had sadly lost in the layoff, as I didn't have it here.

My old friend is the SVP of Communications, still with the firm where I once worked with him.

Ahem.


Oh YES I am shameless. I have no sense of fear to knock on a door, when that door has behind it someone I respect, like, and who could be good for me.

Plus, he's a Trek nerd AND a great big dog lover. Who doesn't want to be in touch with people that awesome??

No comments: