Thursday, June 3, 2010

Family Music

In keeping with my apparent obsession today with music, I'll post one of the best stories from vacation. My brother, nieces, and I had spent the day at a museum and a candy shop, and were almost home from a slightly long drive after the events of the day. On the radio, blocks from the house, music began which I joked sounded like the perfect indie-flick soundtrack to our journey, where the voiceover would begin, talking about "the day, the family, the heartfelt Lessons We Had Learned along our way."

Being incredibly funny, my bro naturally came up with exactly the right monologue, and we all got in a couple punches at lines to be included.

"When I got home from the museum that day ... I realized that what really mattered was that we were together; that we were family; that, at the end of the day, it's not about the exhibits or the cafe' or the candy store - or even the drive - but the fact that we were all together ..." etc. and so on. Heh.

Having watched "Napoleon Dynamite" together a couple days before really didn't hurt in parodizing this sort of moment, so we kept on coming up with ideas long after the drive was over.

I think my bro MIGHT be almost as funny as his kids, too. And that's pretty funny.

No comments: