Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Food"

Running errands after lunch today, I saw a guy sitting in the shade of one of the trees outside the big retail box I was headed for to pick up some things. "Food" was all his sign said. I was still full from lunch, and had half my (big!) club sandwich, and some of my fries, left. Untouched.

I hope it wasn't a tacky regifting, to share it with him instead of taking it home. But he did disappear after I gave him the box. I'd seen someone give him some money, but once he had actual food he took it off, alone. I hope he liked it as much as I did; the fries were good ones.

I haven't been giving much since I lost my job - not even blood. I haven't given blood in a good while, actually, because my platelet count is high enough the Blood Service actually flagged me. I have a note from my doc saying it's normal for me. I should take that note to the center and re-up my eligibility. I should take my dog to the vet. I should take *myself* to the doc, at that, to have a few things looked into. There's no excuse not to. But I keep finding other ways to use my time. Job hunting, agent-shilling. Even actual reading and writing.

Blogging.

Erm.

Anyway, so I had a good lunch and shared it with someone who seemed to be glad to have it.

I got outside, and soaked up some photons.

I have some queries organized and in qeue to get sent today.

Surely, I can do these important things tomorrow ...
*Sigh*

No comments: