Sunday, June 13, 2010

Four More

Eight queries last week, and two passes within about twelve or so hours of the last batch. The passes aren't from the agencies I was most excited about, so it's not depressing seeing them; just a couple more baby steps en route to getting this thing published and out into the world. It's like a job hunt. Sometimes you go for things which look more like "maybe's" than great fits, because they *might* be "no's" - but if you don't try they're definitely no's.

Tonight, four more queries are done. I'm not yet halfway through the alphabet yet at this point, so it's encouraging. At least one of the agencies in this group do look interesting; one if only for its personalization and style of rejections. Heh. Lots of things are still oddly worth doing.

I haven't found much to apply for actual job-wise this past week. Several maybe's, but no new really exciting openings lately. In the world of those, though, I'm wondering if hope might be possible. I saw recently that someone who's one of my references looked at my resume online last Thursday. This isn't a person with acres of free time for just browsing that sort of thing, and one specific job prospect, the one I could easily get most excited about, did in fact request references. So fingers crossed.

In the meantime, since the job slog can be quick, I'm bogging myself down nicely in agent query stuff.

Just the ticket.

Though a paycheck wouldn't go amiss.

No comments: