Friday, July 20, 2012

Solo With the Man

'Lijah went back to his friends at the SPCA today, and while we waited for his surrender, I sat with him for almost an hour, just holding him and cuddling and watching people and pets go by.  He was very mellow, but interested, and several employees commented they would not have him long, and how sweet he is.  And he is.  He's just not mine.

I learned eighteen years ago, you don't hold on to a guy because he is sweet.  *Sigh*


So Soloman and I are alone now.  We've had a little nap, and tonight there will be soup-making, and tomorrow we'll have a few guests I think.

His golden brown eyes have changed colors today.  Greenish the last time I looked at them, and sometimes seeming grey as well.  Mood kitty.

For the first time, I am thinking of giving him a new name.  Not rushing, but it's possible.  "Solly" is too close to Lolly, maybe.  And, though in terms of other kittens, he is "Solo Man" right now - at some point, he'll have a dog in the house to be friends with.  So, now that we are alone together, he can show me who he is, what he should be called.



For now ... a bit of vegetable peeling ...

No comments: