Wednesday, July 6, 2011

And the Beating Goes On

I got the R today from one of the agents I was impressed by.  It was a nice letter, actually, even if the rejection it indicated came pretty much instantaneously.  The woman has some very fortunate clients.

Thank you for thinking of me, Diane, but I didn't connect with the subject matter of THE AX AND THE VASE the way I would need to in order to consider representation, so unfortunately I've decided to pass.


I'm sorry not to be writing with better news and wish you the best of luck elsewhere.

Not an exhaustive litany of regret to lose me, to be sure, but at least it was personal, specific, and written with respect.  Which is to say:  by an actual human.
 
I don't even mind auto responders the way some people do.  They at least tell you (a) you got received and (b) you were at least seen, if not read by the right audience ... yet ...
 
I have a feeling, though.  It won't be but so much longer.  You watch me.  Twenty-plus more agents to research, this week alone?  Interesting things will happen, even before I get to the Conference.

No comments: