Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pileup

I'm moving slowly but remembering all these hardcore acts I saw back when my brother let me hang around with him and his friends.  Honor Role, YFA, Graven Image, Pledge Allegiance - even just the local legend, Dirt Woman ... who looks so YOUNG to me now.  Terrifying!  Names of the bars - I love the name Going Bananas.  Need to open a place called Going Bananas and be the old lady everyone finds inexplicable.  Don't I?

No?

Yeah, possibly the illness talking.  Must be time to stop flipping my way down memory lane.  It's already run me into pics of The Exploited (gah) and Henry Rollins.  That cannot be good for my poor brain.

Would it be un-punk to cite issu.com and RVA Mini Mag as sources for this lot of pics?
For the record: INKWELL DESIGN LLC
Howzat for punk, man?

1 comment:

Mo said...

Post away, sista. Beautiful post. My only quibble is that nobody said "mosh pit" then. With all due respect to the person who put together the article, it was the photos by Thurston Howe, Adrienne Ownby, Cindy Hicks, Bridget Camden, Ayne Bales, and others that we have to thank for the images. Several of them continue to take good photos, professionally.