Thursday, April 12, 2012

Long Weekend

I was off today at 12:30, a five-hour day succumbing quietly and with no resistance to four hours off.  Mmm.

Lunch with my priest, whom I love.  Dog food for my dog, whom also (but differently) I love and sometimes serve.  Home, to lie down, because the headache was indeed very bad.  It remains so, a couple of hours later, but it also remains to be seen how much this defeats me.  The plan has been to mow and to clean.  The house, given a once-over last week for family but not "really" cleaned, is showing its heavy use over the holiday, and another week's neglect.  Not a mess, but the number of things out of place at this point is excessive.  Picking up alone would make such a difference.

If I ever get the energy, picking up alone may be all I do.


***


Tomorrow begins the nerdly-indulgent fun of RavenCon, just after I do my taxes.  Running up into Sunday, there won't be much time for other pursuits this weekend.  I don't see time for revision.  From the midst of a headache, I don't see much cleaning, if I'm honest.  Discomfort and lassitude (and nobody HERE but me) feeds a false content with the status quo ...

It is a long weekend.

But no vacation!

No comments: