Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weight

So over the past two weeks or so, I've lost a good bit of that "unemployment" (ahem) weight which has been irritating me by reminding me constantly that ... I haven't actually been unemployed now for about nine months. Erm.

Usually, stress doesn't make me drop the pounds (and only half of the 15 or so I gained are gone), but I guess the niggling is working this time. Or this stress is just special. Ahem. Anyway, for several days now I've just been disinterested in food. It's hard to decide, some nights - you come home, you're alone, you have a conflicting pair of ideas about how to go about dinner, you don't *especially* feel like bothering, you start blogging, and dang if - ... now, how is it 9:01 p.m. now??

Huh.

And you find that is a stupid time to order out, and because you don't feel like dragging around the kitchen, it's simply too late to bother STARTING cooking.


The Big Meeting starts tomorrow, for my team - not in my location, but very much on my plate. We've been working with the tech folks to make up for the fiasco we had last month, we've been working with facilities and planning, we've been working with each other, and all our speakers and participants. The level of work that goes into a meeting like this gives me incredible gratitude for the infantry who do this every day - who get us the rooms, who keep working after that to get us BETTER rooms, who coordinate with security, who do so many things.

And we are doing so many things. This thing has been in the works for three months now, and the addition of the make-up technical event is significant.

So my attention has been absorbed in this meeting for a long time now ... and, by Thursday afternoon at one o'clock, the worst of it will be over.

I've also been watching an extreme percentage of the people I love dealing with surgery and major health events. There's been a great deal of prayer in X's family's direction. I had my own sprain (not much of a motivator, itself, for the wanting-to-get-up-and-do-a-lot-of-cooking).

There's been a lot taking my attention off my belly. And so, my belly has been growing a bit smaller.

I don't pretend I object to this, but it is a little galling that I didn't really manage this in a more reasonable way. Still, the hope now is (a) to ditch the other half of the weight, and (b) to keep it at bay.

Now for sheer stubbornness to step in and keep off by dint of cussedness what my failure in resolve hasn't handled thus far.

No comments: