Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Full

The agent who met me at the Conference and requested my full almost six and a half months ago contacted me on November 12, unable to open the document attachment on my email. This is the time I assumed she began to read the manuscript; but I have never heard from her since, five months now.

I long ago filed that under the heading of a rejection, but still it seems so unnecessarily rude. A query going unresponded, I can understand. However, someone who requests my full has opened the line of communication, so leaving someone on hold for five months takes on another depth.

The process of querying is slow. Still, I have gotten rejections from so many who consider it a reciprocal process.

I would have thought a rejection would not be too much to ask, from someone who took the trouble to ask for a MSS.


***

And so I drown my sorrows.

The dream hard copy query was mailed out today.

And at least one more e-q tonight.



*Sigh*

1 comment:

Leila said...

We are the dandelions that grow in the pavement cracks. Hardy, persistent and bright with deep roots.

As always, I'm making sacrifices to the publishing deities for your the successful query!