Monday, September 13, 2010

Prayer

The thing I pray at the end of each night tends to have a form built many years ago, but overall it is a dynamic script, often changing, and always including particular pleas for those I know who are in need. Near the last formulaic thing I beg is the blessing on my friends, the blessing on my family, the blessing on my love.

This last has layered meanings - my Love, which is X. My love, which is my heart. My love, which is what lies between us.

For a long time, I begged, bless my love with hope. Because I miss him. Because he was hopeless. Because I seem to be built on a core of aspiration, with my heart. It wasn't all that long ago I finally asked, bless my love with fulfillment.

Finally, I have come to ask - only - bless my love. For X, for all those I am so fortunate bless ME with their compassion.



Bless my Love. Because it is not for me to dictate how - or what blessing even *is*.

No comments: