Saturday, August 7, 2010

Still A Good Day

Well, with the good offices of my mom and stepfather, the drain seems to be cleared. The broken-off bit of the snake we never removed; because the plastic pipes are sealant goo'ed up to the point of irremoveability (without breaking them basically), BUT I have to say I was rather astounded with the power of the compressed air can mom brought to clear the blockage. D held a plunger over one drain while she took the can to the other one, and dang if that stuff's not rocket powered. D thinks it blew the snake to kingdom come too - but if nothing else, the water's draining. We cleaned out the sink, and called it a night. No nightmares, no frustrations (no removal of the snake; which does worry me a bit). But for now, there's laundry to be done.

The shopping list grows longer, with drain-strainers and a nice big urn I want for one of my big indoor tree plants, but tomorrow should be pleasant; return two things, and buy a couple dozen small ones in return. Heh.



Time to finish CLEANING the house now - so I can finally clean my rather nasty self.

No comments: