Monday, August 16, 2010

Okay, Okay - So - Mel Gibson

I try not to bore y'all with my take on pop culture, because - let's face it - I'm a forty-some year old suburban white woman, and cherish my right to extreme unhipness just as much as everyone with any trace of fad-and-fashion savvy chereishes their right to dismiss me as a hopeless fossil ...

But Mel Gibson and these tapes of disgusting voicemails he left for his chippie.

Am I the ONLY person who's been hearing these things who can hear the extreme level of bad acting going on?


The longer this foolishness goes on, the more absolutely astounded I am to hear NOBODY whatsoever commenting on the extraordinarily bad line readings on both parties' parts. I mean, unbelievably bad acting. Bend-at-the-waist, high-school first-timer, one-act-festival-at-the-community center bad acting. So. Hideously. Bad.

People have mentioned many times how interestingly strange the sound recording is.

But not once, not yet, have I heard even the most casual observation of this execrably poor quality of performance.

Ugh.

No comments: