Monday, April 5, 2010

Slack-O-Rama

So I'm keeping somewhat busy, but it has been an unfortunate lapse on my part to have forgotten what rot daytime TV is, and to have allowed it to spend something like three hours or so actually on in my house this past almost-a-week of unemployment.

If the obsession of American women with their weight is anything like television indicates, or encourages, I will be sick. But not for bulimic purposes. Because if the source isn't women themselves, the broadcasts certainly encourage the obsession. Which is so depressing.

Surely ... SURELY ... we have more going on than constant wailing about men and waistlines. Surely, the content our our lives - and our *minds* - is greater than ... this one subject ... ?

I'm so afraid I am wrong here.

*Sigh*

No comments: