Monday, June 22, 2015

Speaking of Costumes and Ethics ...

... two more irresistible links for the day, and then I must away - to read about night time, at this that time of year when we have the least of it ...

American Duchess has a wonderful photo diary of a day recreating 18th-century prints of sailors (oh my!!!) and a sudden storm in Colonial Williamsburg. I always enjoy her blog, but this post is one of the most charming I've seen, and the costumes are drool-worthy. The green of her skirt is crisp, elegant, and cool for a Midatlantic summer.

And for whom is the idea of a gift of firearms for a three-year-old entirely appropriate? Click to find out. At least this time it's not an American redneck. (Spoiler alert: it's a look at artifacts, not current events.)

2 comments:

Donnaeve said...

I had to laugh after I clicked over to that history site. Everything was so different back then - and you know it more than I do. Like kids drinking wine, for instance.

DLM said...

Haha, Donna - though, to be fair, alcohol content before mass production techniques was highly variable, wine was watered in many places and eras, and nobody was promoting it as "relaxing mommy juice" or the stuff of exotic, enticing (drinking) parties ... :)

Thank you for laughing. I did hope that'd be click-bait!