Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mmm - Fratricide!!

Mother's Day afternoon drew out a long and lovely, pleasant afternoon into the first little dab of evening, and I was much later getting to revisions than I had thought I might be, but have been killing off one shoddy bastard-younger-brother subplot.  Woo!

So far, less of a cut than killing off the sister and her traitorous husband, but still the word count is on the way down, which is the right direction after all.

A good weekend this weekend - Friday was productive, yesterday I got the house clean, today was really nice with mom and stepfather, and he seemed well, which is good to see these days.  He also got in a NICE burn on mom as she and I got ready to run off on our own (as she was taking off her heels from lunch, I hopped in the back seat of their recently purchased vehicle and said "still smells like new car" - he looked at mom changing shoes and said, "That's not what I smelled!" - heh).  Silly, but it's nice when he's silly, and reassuring too.

Finishing off my weekend with a bit of *meh* earlier-seasons SG1 and the aforementioned revisions.  Not at all bad, and ready for a new week.

No comments: