Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gah

One of the most frustrating things about rejections is those that tell you what a great writer you are - and leave you out in the cold nonetheless.  Got two today; one, while including some encouraging words, also brought on some useful commentary.  The other wasn't quite as practical, but at least it was a response.

The arrival of these responses - one of which I consider to be an enormous disappointment - coming less than fifteen hours before I'll be getting started with this year's Conference isn't ironic, and it sure isn't funny to me in this moment; but the timing does seem to have some sort of key light on it.

I responded to the agent it seemed appropriate to thank for their time, and have been reading up on the one I meet with tomorrow, but this makes the fire this event usually lights both in and under me all the more important for me.

No comments: