Saturday, October 23, 2010

And So On

Adriana Trigiani wrote me back. Wow, that's a generous woman, truly. She encouraged me to query her own agent, and said she would recommend me. Obviously, the likelihood of my fitting the agency is probably small, but it's still another contact to make, another piece of work on the assembly line toward getting agented, and finally getting sold. So that is incredibly nice.

Today is Saturday, house cleaning day, and hopefully going out night. I wanted to have a fun Saturday night last weekend, but was a bit depressed - more a physical sort of thing, more just the opposite of "elevated" than anything one might ascribe to Marvin the Paranoid Android. So I just didn't go, even though it was a nice night, and I haven't gotten out in a good while.

Today, I'm not feeling so subdued, so I see gettin'-out in my near future. Good.

Soundtrack to housecleaning: "Dune", my new DVD. Big brother, now this is a movie you'll have to share with your sarcasm-training class some time, don't you think? Heh. Almost up there with "Planet of the Apes", AND it includes the wonderful enunciatory powers of so many egregiously wonderful actors.

Yes, I said this was my new DVD. I may be a geek, but here's how bad a case I have: my copy has been, for some years now, on VHS. Now that is a very special stripe of nerd cred. I know many nerds enact it by being the first with editions of certain entertainments (and I know DVD is hardly state of the art, too). But I'm a LUDDITE nerd, kids.

Anyway. Wow, what a movie. I marvel at it every time. Let it be understood, this is not precisely a statement of admiration ...

Off to clean. Later, taters.

No comments: