Thursday, April 15, 2010

Networking

So today I had lunch with a woman I worked with at my last job, in the capacity of a charity campaign I assisted with two years in a row. She's an exec with the charity, and has exposure to a great number of people and companies locally. Plus, she's delightful company in her own right.

It was good to get out of the house for some reason other than sort-of/kind-of made up reasons of my own, but for a real actual "appointment" of sorts. And it was even better to do so in service of both the job hunt and also a bit of enjoyment.

It turns out, she is friendly with someone in HR at a company I have been interested in working for for several years now. I actually had an interview with them before taking my most recent position; that interview went well, but I happen to know the offer went to a referral candidate. It is what it is. But it's nice to think they might be a possibility again.

The great interview I had two weeks, two days ago never has come to either an offer nor even a "no thank you" so far. Of course, this means "no" still, but some sort of contact would have been appreciated.

An offer, even more so. That job sure did LOOK beautiful, as did the company, even their work, and the people I liked very much.

But so it goes. And off to lunch with a contact.

I'm fortunate to have the good opinion of the people I do. Positively *blessed* in them.

Now all we have to do is keep on doing.

*Head down/moving forward*

No comments: