Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Off

It appears as if things will move pretty well with the insurance claim, repairs, and rental car.  I'm waiting right now for a reservation number on that last item, but once I have that I'll get out of here with hopes this can be managed in reasonable time.

It's not unknown to me this hardly makes for fascinating reading on what is, after all, less intended as a personal diary than a Writer's Blog (whatever that "must" be) - but I am fascinated by process.  The process of the logistics, the progress of the injury (fairly bad today, it may be said - perhaps worse than it has been since Friday), the whole way life unfolds its surprises.  It's interesting to me, that where I feel this expectation, almost an entitlement, that any "injury" (or illness) is disallowed from taking more than a day or perhaps two at the outside to express itself:  nothing really works that way.  It's frankly embarrassing, too, how much time I have spent this past year on injury and illness - and not just incidentally frustrating, as well.  I don't want to become a constant whinging nuisance, intent upon displaying my physical shortcomings to the point of being a bore.  Probably a peril of being middle aged and living alone (but for the dog). Heaven help us all.  This is one of those reasons it would probably be good for me to spend time with my friends on days off!  But so it goes.

But the point is, as much as I kvetch, what I *see* is the relative good fortunes here.  So I'm stiff - beats bleeding internally.  The really good bit is how little trouble I am having with the practical tasks at hand.  AND today is a day off when these other things are not taking a powder, so I'm not stressing about work.

Just sitting, chilling, and waiting.  And it's not even ten a.m.  Not too bad.

No comments: