Sunday, August 28, 2011

Other Side

Irene is gone.  It was a golden, dazzling, gorgeous day.  I got out into it with friends, and we found that a lot of places we wanted to go had no power - but we enjoyed it, and each other's company, and I thought little about querying or things to do around the house.

Came home, ordered from the neighborhood Italian/pizza place (cannoli = mmm), finally fixed one of the dresses in my Sewing Project Pile, and plan to wear it tomorrow.  And now for SG:1.  A nice Sunday.

Last night I did lose power just before sundown, at 7:30; sat and read Carmilla with a flashlight, and went to sleep on the couch, because:  cooler downstairs.  At around 2:00 a.m., the couple of lights I had not remembered to turn off came on, as did the AC.  I got up, turned them off, went upstairs, and slept the rest of the night in nice, clean sheets.

Siddy's main fear response was limited to a little lip-smacking (the mildest expression of upset she has, and a good cue for me to love up on her a little) and the occasional glossy-eyeballed-gazing pointed *presence*.  I think she was glad I didn't abandon her for a change.

I've drained the emergency tub water, the house is clean, and the weekend is almost over.  Aw, boo.

But, hey, I have a fab little dress for tomorrow, and that will be pleasant to take for an end-of-seasonal spin.

No comments: