Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Down

Okay, telephone interview done. I think it went well, but I never do feel like I make as good a remote impression as I do in person, and there is always an element of discomfort with the impersonality of contact like this. I did like the executive, and he's the senior member of the team I'm speaking with, and certainly the fit seems like it could be good.

Surprisingly, as fast as they have moved so far, I am the *last* candidate they're speaking with. And a decision should be made TOMORROW. Wow.

I don't know whether to shift my pointless obsessing from the question of "are they so enthusiastic about me they shifted from phone to in-person interviews?" to "are they able to move so fast because there is an internal candidate already, and going external is an exercise in lip service?" Eh, probably best not to pointlessly obsess at all, right? The good news in this context is that this employer has moved so fast I don't have as much TIME for the fretfulness, so its more just a pointless diversion than a genuinely engaging emotional state.

It's nice to see a place moving this quickly. Even if it's all just going through the motions and I have no real chance, at least there won't be some prolonged period of uncertainty.

Two to go now: 2:30 and 3:30 this afternoon. Still not time to go upstairs and get suited up yet.

*Speed-fretting*

No comments: