Saturday, September 14, 2013

Collection

I can't think of the right Weezer joke, but if you can please let me know.  If you want to destroy my sweater ... just don't because it's an Iron Age artifact and priceless  - and kind of heroin grunge chic, at that.  (Meanwhile *I* have a hell of a time finding a good boatneck!)

An interview with Ben Kane about Spartacus:  Rebellion.  (He's probably right about Spartacus' being the greatest slave rebellion in history, especially if fame has anything to do with it ... but I do have to say, Gabriel's rebellion is more meaningful for me.)

Marriage age in the ancient world from Leslie Hedrick - I'm staying tuned for further research here, but an interesting summation!  Can't beat her images, she has a great sense of humor.

Kim Rendfield discusses a court's progresses in the Carolingian world.  I remember reading about royal progress when I was a kid, in "My Enemy the Queen" - and being curious about why a whole palace-ful of nobility would run around like that.  It's clearer to me by now, but always interesting to learn more.  I had Clovis travel both with and without his court, and discuss the deputation of authority across his massively increasing realm a great deal as - ahem - things progress through the course of The Ax and the Vase.

Read an interview with Kristy Feltenberger Gillespie about her Jaded here!  Kristy is one of the Sarcastic Broads, and a friend.

At last!  A cookbook with recipes for herring, tripe, codswollop, and unicorn (complete with a great illumination for the latter)!  NOM NOM.

No comments: