Friday, April 22, 2011

Two Hours, Two Ankles

I'm taking another Friday off, and so far so good - though I did aggravate the sprain pretty badly mowing the grass this morning, I have sustained no *new* injuries. Ohhhhhh, I got to sleep in three HOURS this morning, and even with that by 11:00 I had finished mowing the grass. So two hours into this day - but no April Fool's mishaps. So far ...

Today will be busy, but sort of fun - this time, taking off and getting things done will serve a family visit for the holiday, so I'm pretty tickled. I've got to do the regular housecleaning, and plan to change out the big winter rug, but tidying up the guest room is going to be my major project - heh. I'm debating whether to wash the dog; probably should, but not sure about the additional item for the list, so we shall see.

Here at the pause before lunch, I appear to have stumbled across a perfect gem of a film, The Solid Gold Cadillac - a great little 1956 comedy skewering big business and presenting the charm and talent of Judy Holliday, who's quite adorable. Funnily, I stopped on it when flipping through the channels and seeing its opening stockholders' meeting scene, which only a week or so ago I saw featured on Ebert's most recent TV outing, in a piece about Big Business as villain in American cinema. Heh. I'd never heard of it, but it's looking like a very entertaining flick so far. Just the thing for my semi-annual wrestling match with a giant wool rug.

No comments: