Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bootless Walkin'

I am, to some degree, back up off my knees today. The contribution of a neighborly set of crutches hasn't gotten me as far as out of the house yet (they're set for someone 5'4", and dang if my mom or me could readjust the buggers - sheesh), but may at least be of some use and comfort. I've probably put fewer than a hundred steps on my feet today, but none of those has been taken on my knees - or crawling - so, some success at least. The pain remains, but at diminished intensity, thank goodness.

Still not positive whether this is a sprain or if there is the possibility of something being actually torn in there, but at least I've improved a good deal. It'll be interesting to see if I can do church in the morning.

Pain seems to make me tired, though. Not even eleven - and I was in bed until 10:30 today, and took an hour and half nap to boot - and I am dying to go to bed.

Since there are no commitments to prevent this nor even make it a bad prospect, I think we'll hit POST on this and do exactly that.

What a weekend. What a waste!

No comments: