Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Prepping

I have the suit laid out for tomorrow; grey pants (taken in so they fit their best), black short-sleeved belted jacket, and melon rib-knit sweater. A beautiful big flower brooch, aluminum I think, or tin - it was my grandmother's, and this will be the first time I wear it. Tiny silver earrings, single beaten-band ring, watch. My nails are done, a nice copper pearl to echo but deepen the color of the sweater. The I Santi Italian leather bag, the Charles David shoes (a pretty good match with the bag actually; and it is a great bag - my s-i-l even commented on it when I was visiting). No necklace, no scarf. Simple, clean, and impeccable. The lint roller is at the ready.

Everything's set. I have my glasses in my bag instead of at the desk. I have my cell turned off already (nobody ever uses it anyway, but since they got the time of my interview wrong - 2:30 instead of 1:30 - there would be the possibility of a mom call at a bad moment). I cannot wait.

This will be my first in-person since the layoff. I had my first interview back in January, and one in March - the DAY before it happened. Wow, so the 30th actually; three months today.

Well, the third time's the charm, or so they say.

I plan to charm.

Let's see if they interest me.

It's time. I'm ready. I want to be working again!

No comments: