Thursday, June 24, 2010

17th

Last Thursday, for the first time since I've been looking for a job (which is to say, since January - not only since the layoff itself), one of the places I've been checking every single day finally yielded the very first listing I've seen yet. I applied for it instantly, of course.

Five days later, in fact in the evening after I'd spent the day helping a friend with moving some things in the heat of the day (and a very short game of phone tag), the first "A" from HR called me for a phone screen. We did it on the spot, and she said they'd be in touch as soon as they knew what next steps were going to be.

Today, one week after the listing initially went up, a second woman by the same name of "A" called, and we set three telephone interviews, to speak with those the position will report to. Next week. A2, too, amused the dickens out of me by being enthusiastic and delightfully personable, as well as getting our job done with a minimum of waste. To quote her: "awesome."

Hee.



I have to say, if speed equals efficiency here, I'm wildly impressed already, and eager for these interviews and to LEARN MORE. This place has a pretty impeccable reputation, of course, and I had an interview there once so many years ago that even efficient little documentation-keeping me has lost record of exactly the job it was for, and who with. Even without surviving record, the meeting obviously left its mark in my soft little brain, so the employer has always been on my radar.

It's extraordinarily hard for me not to get all excited, what with these people MOVING the way they do.

I definitely can't wait to hear more.

No comments: