Sunday, May 2, 2010

Thoughts By the Bullet

I don't wish to try to organize this post into some sort of essay, because attempts to make spirituality coherent in that way smack of trying to control it. As much presumption as I'm capable of, in this instance it seems superfluous.

And so.

  • What a genuine and total thrill it was to arrive at church this morning to see the happy blue banner announcing WE HAVE A PRIEST!
  • She is lovely so far, I enjoyed her message more than any since the first interim rector left in November.
  • Wherever I may or may not appropriately stand doctrinally, the prayers of the Episcopal church touch me very very strongly. And what is more fundamental to the religious portion of faith than prayer?
  • Wherever I may or may not stand doctrinally, Christ is *necessary* to my spirituality. I literally *wonder* at resurrection - and the loving gift of G-d's redemption.
  • I said "we" have a priest above. It has been made clear to me, even though I have been a non-member attending for a year now, that I am not allowed to count myself separately. This is Christianity. This is fellowship.
  • The time has come to really seek guidance on the question of becoming a member.
  • Everyone had name tags so the new priest would be able to have everyone's name. They thought they had made a tag for me, but had left me out. One was made right then and there. The priest (Mary - how perfect, eh?) really appreciated this.
  • We really do have wonderful acolytes.
  • I am so grateful for this church.
  • I wore my grandma's brooch today. I'm not sure how she would have felt about the service, but she would have loved the food afterward. I felt close with her this morning.

Sunday is off to a lovely beginning.

No comments: