Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wait, Wait

I've been carrying too much weight the past week and a half, and it seems to be too hard to shuck it, which is unusual and frustrating. My weight tends to fluctuate by about five pounds day to day, but I stay usually within about a ten pound range, up and down fairly controllably within it.

Sunday before last, I hit an upper limit my scale hasn't seen since I dropped a good deal of weight a year and a half ago, which was frustrating to see. Even more so has been the inability to dip back down out of that four or five pound range around that high.

I'm still not as big as I was *three* years ago, but I had been so pleased to be able to maintain for the past eighteen months or so that this is definitely irritating; the more so because my diet hasn't really changed, nor, much my level of excercise.

Losing the job was not helpful. But this past week and a half is definitely stress weight. It's stubborn and irksome, and even bothering to do a few sets of leg exercises isn't helping so far. *Bleah*


One more (of the smaller) reasons I really miss the discipline of having a day job.

No comments: