Saturday, July 6, 2013

There Are Quotes ...

... and there are quotes.  I don't actually go in a great deal for Bible verses, but there *is* a reason, after all, this book has survived as long as it has.

Jeremiah 29.11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I've loved "I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance" (John 10:10) for a long time.  Gratitude is central to my worship, even if often it falters in my actual faith.  It's been proven, indeed, that gratitude is clearly linked to measurable states of happiness and success, and my dad's greatest example was in his gratitude.  To me, one of the most tragic sins is to fail to accept, to be grateful for blessings - and we do all have them.

This and congregation are the essence of the good that religion has to offer.

May today be abundant for all, with hope - and a blessed future.

No comments: