Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pass-saic (yeah, running low on 'em now)

Further adventures in email (yes, I know these are repetitive - I *said* this would be an unedited mosaic!):


***


3.7 miles underground was the last I heard.

I really have never felt anything like that. It's not that we've never had them, but as I said earlier I think - around here, "earthquake" means one boom. A sustained and serious shake like this was unbelievable - a terribly surreal experience, in the way you at first refuse to process it, and then angrily your brain wants to refute it. Then of course you sort of realize ... POWER. Which is enough to give anyone heartburn.

I was out over lunch, less than an hour (less than half an hour) before it hit, and the day was hot, golden, dry - beautiful. As it still is, of course - but so peaceful.

Really bizarre

No comments: