Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Butterknife

I've spent some more time now with the MSS, and am thinking again (hard) about whether to take it to a full new revision.  The comments I got from the contest were based on a 50-page partial, and some of them I will take to heart, but a few I just cannot agree with.  Never too precious with my work to rework and even trash it, my instincts in this case are somewhat against a full new edit, and that's not because "I don't wanna" - in some ways I don't mind having a goal set before me.  But at the moment, I don't feel there's a new goal necessarily.  I've punched up some of the emotion and conflict in the opening chapter or so, but not fundamentally altered the whole.

And so it goes.  I'm glad I sent the queries I did the other day, and expect to keep up with that.  My other focus should go on research for the WIP (yes, forever untitled - it will come, once the actual writing gets serious).  The important thing right now is to make some damned progress.

Today I am off work.  Today is for progress.

No comments: