Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clever Fluey Pun

It hit around 4:30 or 5:00, and I was surprised I couldn't ride it out, but the dizziness I sometimes just get with stress or a headache or carsickness seems to be up to somehting else.  I was selfish enough a jerk to drive home in this state (having nearly thrown up just leaving my building - and I would not have cared one bit if I had, except for the aftertaste), but did so because I am at heart an entitled, heedless, headstrong cow in need of better manners, and in no need of further delays between me and comfortable pants.

I was running 94.7 when I came home, which explained why I (a living space heater) was so COLD.  Here three hours later, I am suddenly growing really hot, and my feet are not freezing for the first time.  Fun.

X just asked me about it, and I said the cold was not a natural sensation, but something like the synthetic things drugs do to you - like the way a sleeping pill causes you not to be awake, but doesn't induce genuine slumber, or really give you rest properly speaking.  The leather couch felt like a painful assault to recline on.

And now the opposite faux-temperature is already overwhelming.

At least there is this.  I am having to correct 60% of the words I am typing here, as typos do keep synthetically asserting themselves.  But with my experience and endurance of headaches, THAT symptom is a piece of cake so far.

3 comments:

Leila said...

Noooo! Not the fluey-wooey stuff! Sending healthy vibes your way!!

Mojourner said...

I'm guessing that reef fish poisoning is not to blame...

DLM said...

A good guess, that ...

I'm something like forty-ish hours into this thing, and hoping the latest set of changes are "for the better" (but not laying bets yet). Thank you both for checking in.

*ZONK*