Monday, January 16, 2012

3.5 Day Weekend

The FIOS install was Saturday, and I have almost recovered from it.  Heh.  I have the adorable Roku working again, and have begun the process of updating my email to something identifiable as myself (and remotely grownup sounding), from an address I kept - apparently since 2003; and, I would suspect, probably even years previous to that - which was derived from the phonetic pronunciation of the name of a character I first wrote in NINETEEN EIGHTY-FIVE.

So, um, yeah.  Time to retire *that*.  I've gone Twitter-tastic, and been working genre fora, and created at least a minor presence in my real name online, and laid down at least a minimal groundwork for The Diane (L) Major Brand.  Yes, it's all very schmoopy, "branding" myself - but the fact is, it's going to be a part of my work once I am agented and, then, published.  The identity matters.

The email doesn't loom particularly large.  But it is a small thing, a piece of the larger work of being an *author* - as distinct from being a writer.  It's a job.  And to do my job best, I do it down to the details.  This was a detail I should have cleaned up before the querying process.

I'm cleaning it up before the publishing process.  That is enough.

No comments: