Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grey Weekends

Overcast and rain are kind of a wonderful thing to see around here, after years of frequent and often sustained drought.  The past week and a half have been unusually grey and wet, and the past week has been more than once hot and humid rather than cool, feeling like the beginning of autumn.  It isn't unusual for September to stay warm - but even in years without so much drought, humidity is usually finished with us at this point.  I've worn sweaters a couple of times, and put the sundresses away, exchanging for a few three-quarter sleeve or multi-season weight longer sleeve knits.  But October is less than a week away, and the short sleeves aren't ready for retirement just yet.

Today, the SBC gets together, and today I may send a query directly to the publisher who posted at one of my fora, asking for submissions from authors.  This morning, I take another fistful of analgesics.  Tonight, I suspect I will rest.

Grey Sundays are nice.  I'm beginning to look forward to sunshine again, though.  I get restless even with too much of a good thing.

No comments: