Friday, July 1, 2011

Time and Retooling

One of the frustrating things about how long it takes to query a novel is that you find yourself improving the query itself, until you are happier and happier with it over passing iterations ...

... and you wish you could go back to some of the plum agencies you were excited about at the beginning, and re-query them with your new and improved setpiece of an introduction.



This is why I wish sometimes I could meet them all in person. I do SO well with in person agent meetings. As good a writer as I am, it frustrates me that's usually the ONLY possible format in which to present yourself.

Yes, I know how bad that sounds. Even so - I would bet good money some of the agents out there wish they had more authors who *could* present themselves better in person. They may not advertise that. But a property is a property.

No comments: