Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New People

I have a way of limiting my thinking - not because I really want to become rigid and stay narrow, but because I am a natural contrarian, and resistance to change is a genetic imperative in Virginians.  I think I will never do "real" social networking because MySpace is, like, over or something and I hate Facebook.

A ping from QueryTracker, though, teaches me I need to watch myself.  It's all too easy to become insular, to habitutate to small selections of behavior - and, on top of being shortsighted as a writer trying to sell, that is just flat out no fun.

People are smart.  They'll teach ya, sometimes, even when that's not the point of a particular action.

Joining HFO and Absolute Write are all very well as ideas for reaching out go ... but that can't be all I do apart from blogging and making lists of agents ...


Thank goodness for people.  Otherwise I would turn into a total hermit.

No comments: