Thursday, July 28, 2011

12 Alive

Queries active at this time:  one dozen, exactly.  The oldest of these, at just over three months, is the partial still out right now, and the rest are all within the past eight weeks almost exactly.  Of those eleven non-live ones, I hope for at least two more requests, though if I am honest, I fantasize about three.

I'd feel more "pulse" in these live queries if more of them were requests, and I'd feel a LOT better if I had at least one full manusript out.

Next week brings results on the pitch contest.  Last night brought only one new query, but I did go through actually quite a few agents on the long list, now down to 79 from 122.  Out of that particular list, I have queried seven (the other live ones were from the previous, shorter agents-to-research lists).  So.  Seven attempts out of forty-three agents down, which is more than I thought; it feels like so many eliminations.


There's little point to posting all of this other than to keep my virtual fingers crossed, and to add a little color to the constant commentary on the querying process.  So I will stop.

No comments: