Saturday, December 4, 2010

Phases

I learned yesterday that my relationship with my boss has entered a new phase. This is one of those things you can't discern by hearing it explicitly; only the experience can indicate the situation. We've entered the "go ask Diane" stage of my tenure.

My team is spread across the system, so most of us are in different cities, different time zones. Yesterday, one of the guys in the boss's city came to me with a question about something happening there, and I chanced to have a chuckle that he hadn't asked the boss. He said, "He didn't know, he told me to ask you."

Ahhhhhh, now.



I have become The Keeper, at last.

This is a good time in a still-new job. When you've become a subject matter expert - SME.

SMEEEEE! That's me.


(I've been poco - POC - point of contact - for a while. Now I am actually *knowing* stuff; it's a step forward!)

No comments: