Friday, March 9, 2012

Denoument

Went to the doc today and came away with no recommendation for physical therapy (fine by me as I was already being a cranky patient about the hassle of having to do that) and a prescription for a muscle relaxant I expect not to fill (as I am a cranky patient and don't feel my inconvenience is enough to make pills thrown at it worthwhile).

If I were more my mother's daughter, I'd fill the Rx and just "have them in the house" - for some future theoretical need I might have for muscle relaxants.  But, to my memory, in my entire 44 years, the only muscle relaxants I have ever taken (if a plural is even appropriate here at all; I'm not big on heavy prescription lifting) have been administered from the "just to have them in the house" supply of my mother's.

I'm little enough my mother's daughter, that I see pretty much zero point in spending money (even money the other driver's insurance company should be reimbursing to me) on something the record shows I simply do not use.  On something, for that matter, I devoutly hope not to have any need of in the first - or the second - place.


At the end of the day:  three weeks to the day after the accident and injury - yep, it still bothers me, and that is irritating.  And it may take as long as another three, or even four, weeks, to be whole again.

In the meantime - a prescription, if I want it.  A free pass on heat therapy (ice, evidently, is no longer on the rec list, which again is fine).  And time.

So it goes.  And off I go.  The plumber is here, and I'm getting good work done on revisions.

No comments: