Sunday, February 19, 2012

Es Schneet

I probably abuse the German tongue, which is unfortunate, but the point is:  it is snowing.  This winter, so mired in unseasonable warmth - even with last weekend's extremely brief thunder snow - has decided to come up with actual winter weather.

As is typical of really snowy days, it's actually not bitterly cold outside - but the sky is white, the stuff's been coming down for almost an hour, and I'm willing to have faith in the reports this will amount to something.  It may get in the way of plans not to have to burn off my Paid Time Off bank, in that if it does cause bad roads tomorrow, I won't be able to drop off the car for repairs (ironic, not being able to get in to the collision shop for fear of ... further collisions - heh).  I have hopes that it will work out and I'll just be stuck with the loaner.

If not  - well.  So it'll be PTO for me.  It's annoying this woman would cost me good vacation time for this nuisance - but it's not as if policy is so ungenerous with time, I don't have it to take.

In the meantime, here I sit, by myself but for an endearingly attentive old doggy-girl, the Roku box, and my Captain America DVD special features.  Bored out of my mind, but perhaps the phone will ring, and well fixed at least in case I'm "snowed in" overnight (heh - I'd have to be in anyway; can't drive without lights in this weather, and the accident fixed up my taillights so nicely).

It looks so far as if the ground's too warm for accumulation in any case, but at least I can watch it at my leisure.


***


This could have (and was supposed to have) been a weekend I got to find time to spend with one of my friends doing something fun.  That's probably pretty much a ship well offshore by now.  I keep trying not to complain - because I know where my good fortune lies, and it *is* all over the place.

Ugh.  But sometimes, I feel like all the people I enjoy the most are the one thing I have the hardest time actually finding any way *to* really enjoy.  I don't get to actually enjoy the bounty of friends and loved ones in my darn life.  Blah.

No comments: