Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo

It is perhaps pushing things a bit to come down with some sort of exhausting bug and still go out for Hallowe'en, but I am a big dork and have forgotten that, at my age, it takes more than a Sunday to really recover from pushing things like that. So, yes, because I am a costuming NERD I did go out last night - and, though I am not living to regret it per se, all I really have to show for it is the costume itself. It was good to spend time with my friend V and her husband, who are good company we don't get to bring together enough ... but the Hallowe'en portion of festivities, apart from the fact that we were IN costumes, was pretty subdued this year. We might have had as nice a time if we'd just gotten together on some ordinary night, without all the wigs-and-makeup business.

Ah well.

I'm off to the grocery to put something in the larder. And then in my tum. Then, quiet night at home handing out goodies to wee ghoulies. Blasphemously, I'll most probably be watching Star Trek (I got DS9 season 3 this week ...) rather than Langella's Dracula, or even my recent copy of Nosferatu - but that's a show heavy on fantasy and costume, so I am hoping even non-dorks will forgive me.

Off to the races. And still not napping at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday - go me ...

No comments: