Monday, August 4, 2014

Decade

Today, I took the day off for more than ordinarily personal reasons, and it didn't go quite as planned.

Though, to be fair ... I really had little planned.  Lunch with a girlfriend, some thinking about time and the past and future.  Bit of rest.

Instead, I got up as early as a workday, and took the car in for service, though there was a stunner of a traffic jam on the way.  Yes, it's a new (to me) car - and I had a feeling about what the issues were (tire pressure, and something jamming the hatch), but it was a minor pain I'd rather have spent relaxing.  Or sleeping.

My lunch date fell through when her daughter's fever hit 103, so no hard feelings there.  After taking the trouble to get cute to see my friend (it's entirely true women dress for each other - isn't it, Cute Shoes?), I de-cuted and found myself at loose ends.

With a 4:00 appointment to finally conclude the process of a root canal, temporary crown, and now at last permanent one, I decided to hold off out-of-house errands until that trip, and stayed in for an all-too-brief nap and a little productivity.  I verified that a credit card balance transfer had occurred (yay! it had not the first time).  I wrestled with Verizon FiOS "support" and finally got the set top box in my bedroom up and running (BOTH my boxes have died and been replaced in the past several weeks - it's like they time the self-destruction).  I even read a bit of the Prius owner's manuals, and learned some good stuff.

And so, off to the dentist for the "ten minute" appointment to install the permanent crown.  It didn't take a lot more than twice that (hee), but at least my dentist didn't make me cry this time.

I don't cry at the dentist because of pain.  This guy happened to have been a student of my father's, and he always has admiring things to say about dad.  Last time there, he got me mushy.

Once that was done, I hit the bank to cash the $10 refund the endodontist had sent me, the grocery store for some supper and supplies, and to the UPS store to ship off *both* my old DVR and set top boxes back to Verizon.

So - a pretty productive day, if not especially fun.  The headache has been coming and going, and right now it's going strong - and I am quite tired, so the idea of a 9:30 bedtime is most appealing.  For now - eating the supper I fixed, hanging out with kitten, and planning a call to my mom.



Ten years ago today, Mr. X drove away to his future, which has not been tons of fun.  If I but could, I'd pay G-d all I had to give him and me satisfaction and joy - to share the blessings I do have, or at least foster blessings for him.

Doesn't work that way.  And we can't even blame G-d.

2 comments:

Cute Shoes said...

I'm already planning my outfit for the next time we meet up! I completely understand!

DLM said...

Well, then - apparently we need to set a "date" ...