Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday

Last night, in between having a little fun, a headache started, and tugged at my sleeve a little bit, but decided to bide its time.  Its time, as it turned out, was apparently 3:00 a.m.  Terribly painful.  By four, five ibuprofen into a losing battle, and lying in bed unconscious - but mummified, and unmoving, rather than experiencing actual sleep or rest - I knew my hopes of an SBC meeting might be dashed.

Last month, seeing Mr. X, I'd canceled actually hosting the SBC.  These women are forgiving, but I felt bad about that - even with an obviously compelling reason.  I was excited to see them today - and ended up not doing so.

I got the least sleep last night I've had in a good while, and for a worse reason than in years.  Night headaches aren't unusual for me, but an hour or three of sleep is the usual solution.  This kind of pain is a different matter.

Unable to just roll over this morning, I gave up and got up.  Pretty much went right out the door, to get done what was necessary - gas, dog food, groceries for me, a prescription - and came right home to recuperate.  I was hoping for sleep, but have only gotten an hour.  Have done some revision, but word count isn't down much right now.  Just waiting until I can go to bed.  I expect that will happen early ...

1 comment:

K.E. Skedgell said...

I hate waking up in the middle of the night with those kinds of headaches. I don't get them often, but when they do I feel like I just want someone to cut my head off. Speaking of headaches, I have one now, though a small one, it just wants to linger. I see another two acetaminophen in the near future.